Sunday, September 27, 2009

WORDS

The genius Melissa Sakal amany of years ago did a friend project where she had 70 friends get 70 things (all the same or different) and then she was going to put them all together in envelopes, and make a pretty neat goody bag for the 70 participants. I never did the project, and don't know if it even came to fruition, but it stimulated the thought of writing 70 poems 70 words long. I didn't get to 70 (I hope one day I will), but I'll post a few of them from time to time, generally I don't like poetry, and very specifically I don't like any poetry I've written, but I think some of them are funny. sorry for the language mom.

i am convinced you are mother nature. 1/70

the sky is a girl holding onto her virginity.
i want her to spill out her eyes in a diary confessional.
if i listened to ryan adams everytime it rained,
i would unexist.
i want to marry a mother named nature
and nurture her so that global warming won't come,
so there will be no cold, no hot, just nothing, like how i feel.
always. i have wasted my life.

Stop fucking women and love me. 17/70

I want to dehydrate myself
so badly so when if you ask if I have been dry
I can say sahara, but the subtext is soaked in vodka.
When I said I wanted to be accountability partners I meant I want to account for every sexual thing you have done or said and want the ability to fantasize about them forever, I think you meant we would pray and shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment